Anyway, in other news, I'm getting ready to leave for Camp Nerd Fitness in GA on Thursday. I'm really excited as I was never allowed to go to camp as a kid, but now I can go as an adult. They will have paleo food and all kinds of healthy activies and active events. I can't wait! So I had just a little bit of food prep to do for this week considering it's a short week for me. And when I come back, I start my Low Histamine Whole30 on Monday 9/22. So anything non-LHW30 I have to eat or give away before then. I'm enjoying tomatoes now while I still can, as I suspect I have an issue with tomatoes. :(
This recipe was modified from http://paleomg.com/almost-5-ingredient-pizza-spaghetti-pie/.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons Italian Sausage Seasoning
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs, whisked
- Fried onions (available in some Asian grocery stores, ingredients are onion and palm oil and they are nice and crunchy like onion straws)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Place spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes or until the insides easily come out when scraped with a spoon. (Careful: hot!)
- Once squash is done cooking, remove threads and place in an 10 x 13 or large spherical casserole baking dish.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add italian sausage seasoning to ground beef. Mash together and break into small crumbles. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add tomato sauce, remaining herbs and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add sausage mixture to the dish and mix well with spaghetti squash threads.
- Lastly, dump whisked eggs over top of the casserole.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the top of the mixture forms a slight crust that doesn’t give when you press on it in the middle of the dish and the eggs are cooked.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Top with fried onions right before serving.
Makes 5-6 servings.